Comics Briefly: Batman Beyond #1, Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers #2


This was a pretty poor week for comics, not much I was interested in came out.  Also, Diamond's website led me astray on what to expect from IDW this week, and I was sadly disappointed.

Favorite Issue This Week: Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers #2, but it's only the best of two mediocre books

Tomorrow I'll post my Comics 2010 look back with more favorites.

Batman Beyond #1
Writer: Adam Beechen, Pencils: Ryan Benjamin
Inker: John Stanisci

Sigh... I broke down and picked this up because a book I really wanted wasn't out this week. There are good moments, but so many missteps in the writing and clumsiness in the art.  Poor choices in layout.  Moments filled with dialogue that would be better served with silence.  The tone just overall bothers me.  The cover by Dustin Nguyen is quite nice, though.


Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers #2
Writer: Ian Brill
Artist: Leonel Castellani, Colorist: Jake Myler

This issue was not as good as the first one.  There are a few cute bits – is that a reference to the videogame on the first page?  I thought I was the only person who remembered that!  However, very little happened, and what did happen wasn't surprising.  There was one nice scene between Chip and Monty, but overall it felt like very little content for my 3.99.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)