2010 Afterwords

Just a quick retrospective for 2010, my book habit, and this blog:

Best and Worst:

Best New Book I read this year: Under Heaven

Best Old Book I read for the first time this year: The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian

Best Book I read that I haven't reviewed on this site: Wonder Woman: Challenge of the Gods

Worst New Book I read this year: A Mighty Fortress
 
Worst Old Book I read for the first time this year: Twilight, I guess, but that feels like cheating.

Blog Stats:

Posts in 2010: 90
54 Books reviewed in 50 posts

Most Viewed Book Reviews on this site, according to Google Analytics:
The Atheist's Guide to Christmas
Basil of Baker Street
Cryoburn

According to Blogger Analytics:
The Atheist's Guide to Christmas
The Red Wolf Conspiracy
Cryoburn

I'm not sure what causes the discrepancy, but both most-viewed lists have a high proportion of obscure books and relatively new ones. Not to mention the weekly Comics Briefly posts: those seem to be popular.

And on a personal level, 2010 is the year I bought a Kindle, which I have used half for reading and half for proofing e-books. On a similar note, 2010 is the year we self-published my husband's novel Facsimile and the free e-book A Man of Snow and Other Seasonal Tales.

I've been doing a lot more networking in the past few months; if you're a new reader, please feel free to let me know what you like or dislike about the site!

Here's to a good 2011 for us all, full of books and chat, and hopefully more paid employment for me, as 2010 rather sucked on that level. Fear not, friendly readers, I actually read more when I'm working, because I love to read on the subway.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)