Day Eleven – A book that disappointed you

So many in this category. Lud-in-the-Mist (review) is a fairly salient one for me, and there have been a few recent works by authors I otherwise love (Cryoburn review, The God of the Hive review) that I've felt weren't quite up to snuff. The God of the Hive particularly, I felt was full of missed opportunities.

The Best of CL Moore (review) also disappointed me. I read it after I had heard a little about her, as one of the first major female genre writers. My feminist heart selfishly wanted her work to blow everyone else's out of the water, and it was just decent with flashes of greatness.

Full schedule of the Reading Meme Here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)