Follow Friday Jun 24


This is Follow Friday, hosted by Parajunkee's View

Today's Question is:

Q. In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

Growing up, I loved my mother's beautiful illustrated cloth-bound fairy tale books, but I can't remember now whether I had a favorite then. I read a bunch of interesting ones in Andrew Lang's The Blue Fairy Book. I'm rather fond of East of the Sun and West of the Moon.

I am also very fond of Jim Henson's Storyteller, for interpretations of fairy tales on film. If you missed this delightful (but short) series, go now! It's on Netflix Instant Streaming! 

For a book based on Fairies: I will continue to push The King of Elfland's Daughter. Read This Book. Let the prose take you, and you will adore this classic of fantasy.

Comments

  1. I love Jim Henson - at least the Muppets. I'll definitely look for that on Netflix.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alison: I think you'll like The Storyteller. Some of the blue-screening looks a little dated, but it's an incredibly charming take on an array of traditional tales, starring John Hurt and a puppet dog. My favorite episodes are Sapsorrow and The Solider and Death. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)