Follow Friday Jun 24


This is Follow Friday, hosted by Parajunkee's View

Today's Question is:

Q. In light of the Summer Solstice. Also known as Midsummer...let's talk about fairies. What is your favorite fairy tale or story that revolves around the fae?

Growing up, I loved my mother's beautiful illustrated cloth-bound fairy tale books, but I can't remember now whether I had a favorite then. I read a bunch of interesting ones in Andrew Lang's The Blue Fairy Book. I'm rather fond of East of the Sun and West of the Moon.

I am also very fond of Jim Henson's Storyteller, for interpretations of fairy tales on film. If you missed this delightful (but short) series, go now! It's on Netflix Instant Streaming! 

For a book based on Fairies: I will continue to push The King of Elfland's Daughter. Read This Book. Let the prose take you, and you will adore this classic of fantasy.

Comments

  1. I love Jim Henson - at least the Muppets. I'll definitely look for that on Netflix.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alison: I think you'll like The Storyteller. Some of the blue-screening looks a little dated, but it's an incredibly charming take on an array of traditional tales, starring John Hurt and a puppet dog. My favorite episodes are Sapsorrow and The Solider and Death. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian