Follow Friday April 29


This is Follow Friday, hosted by Parajunkee's View

Today's Question is:

Q. Keeping with the dystopian and apocalypse theme that seems to be running rampant on parajunkee.com, I have one very hard question for you: If you were stocking your bomb shelter, what books would you HAVE to include if you only had space for ten?

Okay, I'm assuming we're talking about physical books, not digital. So, books I am willing to/enjoy reading ad infinitum:

The Complete Sherlock Holmes
Five Selections from The Vorkosigan Saga: Cordelia's Honor, Miles, Mystery and Mayhem, Miles Errant, Memory, Miles in Love
My Husband's two novels, for sentimental reasons: For Love of Children, Facsimile

So that's already eight.

Let's cap it off with a giant tome on edible and medicinal plants, and a book I saw at the library but can't remember the name of about primitive living/survival techniques. I did in fact see this book and think: "Huh, if society were to collapse I would totally try to steal this book from the library."

Of course, if I couldn't get those last two, I might settle for Little House on the Prairie, for shelter building advice, and...why not? The good old 2nd Edition D&D PHB. Because if you were stuck in a bomb shelter for a while, it'd get really boring without something to do. 

(Thinking a little further, yeah, if I were planning to rebuild society singlehandedly I'd probably drop three of the Vorkosigan books in favor of a Complete Shakespeare, LOTR and a Treasury of Classic Children's Literature... But just for me, my list stands.) 

Comments

  1. I forgot about LOTR, my list if full of romances but since we might need to repopulate the planet they might come in handy!
    Brie
    Romance Around the Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love LOTR but there were just so many other books to choose from. The Hobbit made my list though! So... it's close enough. :-P

    Check out my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm taking my kindle and maxing out my credit cards to purchase every book on my TBR list. LOL

    New Follower! Happy FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you are taking your husbands books that is so sweet!

    New follower.

    Lesley @ My keeper shelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!--New follower!

    Great list!!!--I love that you're going to steal how-to books from the library :D

    Hoppy Friday!!!

    (\__/)nymfaux

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, good call on the giant tome of edible and medicinal plants . . . I think that's the first book suggestion I've seen that might keep us alive long enough to read the other 9. :)

    Sally @ Bibrary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! New follower.

    I keep thinking about lots of books I've missed... My list can be found here!

    Rebecca @ kindle fever

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)