Comics Briefly: American Vampire #25



Just one pick today, but it's a good one. New in stores on 3/28/12

American Vampire #25 (Death Race Part Four)
Writer: Scott Snyder, Artist: Rafael Albuquerque, Colors: Dave McCaig

This is a great wrap up to a really fantastic story arc. We finally get the history (such as it is) between young vampire-hunter Travis and American Vampire/all-around bastard Skinner Sweet. The twists come fast and furious as the fight plays out and the reappearance of the Vassals has me really interested in what's coming up. Albuquerque's art is perfect for the tone, as usual, and the dialogue is snappy. I love this book when it's both dark and defiant, and I hope to see Travis again soon. Good to see Pearl again in the epilogue, although it's a sad, if expected, turn of events. I really enjoyed this arc, and while I'm intrigued by the upcoming two-issue story about a minor character from the Ghost War arc, I'm really looking forward to seeing Pearl and Skinner together again in #28.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)