Comics Briefly: Batman #3, Supergirl #3, Wonder Woman #3



Favorite Issue this week: Batman #3

All books were new in stores on 111/16/11


Batman #3
Writer: Scott Snyder, Pencils: Greg Capullo, Inks: Jonathan Glapion

Decent issue, if mostly exposition heavy. My favorite thing was the use of odd panel angles; they really enhanced the off-kilter feeling Bruce is getting about the owl people. This book has pretty art. And a cliffhanger.


Supergirl #3
Writers: Michael Green and Mike Johnson, Artists: Mahmud Asrar & Bill Reinhold, Colorist: Paul Mounts

Decent amount of action and exposition here, but if Kara doesn't punch that obnoxious guy's face in soon, I'm going to be very put out. I know she's learning, but she needs a solid win. Soon.


Wonder Woman #3
Writer: Brian Azzarello, Artist: Cliff Chiang

I thought this issue was narratively disjointed, plus the whole world heard about the Zeus-reveal two months ago. I don't really understand what's going on here, why these characters are saying and doing the things they're saying and doing, other than to be dicks to each other. Side Note: they're grieving for the Amazons who died last issue, but Amazons are irreplaceable, and no one seems upset or surprised enough for me. Everyone else seems to love this book, but I just can't seem to get on board.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian