LOTR Bonus: Photos of Books


There's no Read-Along post this week, so I thought I'd share some pretty photos.

While we don't have a copy of The Hobbit in our apartment (I had to get one from the Library last month) we do have a copy of The Hobbit Pop-up Book.


It's quite pretty, and panels that pull out on the sides of each page have excerpts from the text. There's only about 6 pages in the book, though.


(to spare Little Red Reviewer nightmares, I didn't take a picture of the Mirkwood spider battle 2-page spread...)

Here's our copy of Lord of the Rings. The dust jackets feature an Alan Lee painting.


While under the jacket each cover has this symbol in red and gold gilt.

Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers feature this big fold-out map in the back:


And Return of the King has a map with more detail of the smaller area in which it takes place.



However, I've been getting busy, and hard covers are heavy to carry on the subway, so I've also borrowed a Kindle copy of LOTR from the library. It doesn't look half bad, although the maps don't translate very well.




Generally, I prefer to read on my Kindle these days, but something about LOTR begs to be read from the big hard cover editions with the thick cream pages. 


Comments

  1. what an awesome pop up book! and THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for skipping the spider picture. My copy of The Hobbit has the Alan Lee artwork, but no fold out maps. :( and I love maps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)