Comics Briefly: American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #5, Batgirl #2, Batwoman #2, Demon Knights #2


Favorite Book This Week: American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #5 (Demon Knights #2 close second)

All books new in stores on 10/12/11


American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #5
Writer: Scott Snyder, Artist: Sean Murphy, Color: Dave Stewart

A great conclusion to this miniseries. Fun action, good lines, bittersweet close. I can't actually tell you much without giving important plot away, but I like Felicia so much, and I can't wait to see more of her.


Batgirl #2
Writer: Gail Simone, Penciller: Ardian Syaf, Inker: Vicente Cifuentes Colorist: Ulises Arreola

Not loving the art here. There's just something off about a lot of the panels. I think there's something promising in the story, but we'll see where it goes before I can wholeheartedly recommend it.


Batwoman #2
Co-Writer & Artist: J.H. Williams III, Co-Writer: W. Haden Blackman, Color: Dave Stewart.

This issue had a few funny moments and good lines, and the mystery plot is neat, despite how little of it there is so far. However, I wouldn't be sold enough on this character to be collecting this if Erin didn't like it.


Demon Knights #2
Writer: Paul Cornell, Penciller: Diogenes Neves, Inker: Oclair Albert, Colorist: Marcelo Maiolo

More zany fun in the middle ages! Magic! Fighting “Dragons”! Of all the New 52 books I've read, this is the cast I'm most interested in. Vandal Savage gets some great moments here, as does Shining Knight and new Amazon-ish Exoristos. Etrigan and Xanadu are delightful to read; overall I really enjoyed this second issue.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)