The Grief of Stones

The Grief of Stones
Katherine Addison, 2022

Premise: Sequel to The Witness for the Dead. Thara Celehar thinks his life in Amalo is becoming routine when he is presented with a possible murder, an unexpected assistant, and a secret message asking for help. 

A few days after I finished this book I went back to the beginning and read it again. It's been a while since I liked a book enough to do that. 

I love this world and these characters and this style. What a fantastic series. And this one adds just a touch of subtle pining. Thara is still too raw after his personal tragedy to think of pursuing any kind of romantic entanglement, but surely his friendship with the flamboyant and brave opera director, one of only a few people who seem to care about Thara for himself, will remain only friendship... so our protagonist tells himself, anyway. 

There's a moment that's going on my list of top all-time emotional literary moments, is all I'm saying. 

More tangled plots and subterfuges, more supernatural dangers and mundane dangers, more shades of everyday life in a big city full of elves and goblins at the start of an industrial revolution.

I loved it so much.

5 Stars - An Awesome Book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)