Tales from High Hallack, Volume 3


Tales from High Hallack, Volume 3
Andre Norton, collection published 2014

Recent Release. I received a digital copy of this book from NetGalley for the purpose of review.

Premise: A collection of Andre Norton’s short stories. No real uniting theme.

I read this book some time ago, but put off writing about it. Partially, honestly, under that old rule: “if you can’t say something nice…”

Was it a bad book? No. Not terrible, but neither was it great. Maybe these are the leftovers and volumes one and two are stronger? This is just a set of middling stories. Andre Norton was extremely prolific, so some of her work is bound to be just 'fine'. A few of them were quite good, but nothing that really stayed with me. At this point, I don’t even remember which stories I liked or what they were about.

I ate up her short novels as a teenager and have read and enjoyed a few in the past few years, but I guess her short stories don’t really work for me.

2 Stars - An Okay Book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)