Comics Briefly: Action Comics #0, Legend of Oz: The Wicked West #6



Legend of Oz technically came out last week, but the shop I went to last week was out of copies. Luckily, I was able to pick it up today!

Action Comics #0
Writer: Grant Morrison, Artist: Ben Oliver, Colorist: Brian Reber

A lovely first-days-of-Superman story in this issue. Clark being awesome and adorable by turns, Lois kicking ass. Just a sweet, fun ride. The backup by Sholly Fisch was fine with a few intriguing lines, but I’m not that interested in Adam-glowing-eyes-dude, and I don’t care about the origins of the villain I had to google to identify.


The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West #6 (of 6)
Writer: Tom Hutchison, Artist: Alisson Borges, Colorist: Kate Finnegan

Neat! This issue ends the miniseries, but it looks like the adventures of Gale and company will continue next month in an ongoing series! Woo! I really liked this one, from the style of the witches, to the parallels with the original story, to the awesome action scene, to the fantastic ending. If you itch for the sub-sub-genre of western-fantasy the way I do, check out this series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)