Comics Briefly: Avengers Academy #14.1


All Books new in stores on 6/1/11

Avengers Academy #14.1
Writer: Christos Gage, Penciler: Sean Chen, Inker: Scott Hanna, Colorist: Jeromy Cox

Decent one-shot story. Did a good job of being both an intro to the characters (that's the .1 gimmick) and a piece of the ongoing story. Well done villain, but not an exceptional issue. And frankly, I'm getting a little burnt out on Avengers Academy coming out every two weeks.

Also Considered:
Various Flashpoint books, Wonder Woman #611
The World of Flashpoint #1 was kind of cool, the rest of it looks like crap so far. Wonder Woman has gone back to being pretty awful. I am not optimistic about the news out of DC ths week, (universe reboot? again?) so I'm a bit sour on them just now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian