Day Twenty-six – OMG WTF? plot

Hmmm. A decent book with a WTF plot: Perdido Street Station. It's been a while, but I think there are bug people and a caterpillar that eats brainwaves and the plot completely shifts about half-way through. I thought it was well written, but loathed the ending with the fire of a thousand suns.

A bad book with a WTF plot: Space Junque. This little e-novella starts out as pretty good post-apocalyptic sci-fi romance, but completely switches into poorly plotted future religion-destiny-fantasy stuff and abandons the original tone entirely. I didn't like that much.

Full schedule of the Reading Meme Here.

Comments

  1. I haven't read this Mieville before but "A decent book with a WTF plot" about describes his book The City and The City. I wonder if that's his writing M.O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, I wouldn't be surprised, honestly, just from what I've heard about his other books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian