Day Ten – A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving

I'm generally a pretty good judge of whether I'll enjoy a book. I have enough experience with various genres and styles to pick out books I think that I'll like. I generally don't read books that I don't think I'll like.

There are definitely books that I didn't think I would like nearly as much as I ended up liking them: The Worm Ouroborous, The Count of Monte Cristo, Casino Royale, The Long Goodbye, to name a few.

I guess maybe Dracula (Review here) is a book I read recently that I didn't expect to be anywhere near as good as it is. For some reason I expected to slog through the text, but it was a delight.

Full schedule of the Reading Meme Here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian