Klaus (Issues #1-7)

Note: Image not actually a
good representation of the story.
Klaus (Issues #1-7)
Grant Morrison and Dan Mora, 2015-2016

I remember seeing this title about a reimagined Santa hit stores. I've always been intrigued but also very tentative about it.

A big part of why I never read this book before now is that I've been burned before on Santa retellings, and the cover art was fairly realistic/Conan in style, making me think it would be too dark. I have strong opinions on what is appropriate Santa behavior and what is not. I have a history with this character that I'm protective of. In short, I have FEELINGS about this topic.

Now I've read it, and... y'all, this might be a new favorite.

Read the full review on Mainlining Christmas!

4 Stars - A Very Good Book

P.S. - This mini-series has been followed by a series of annual one-shot stories that have ramped up the superhero-flavor, the action, and the sense of an entire yuletide-magic-universe. I've read a few and they're fun, but I think I prefer this first story, at least so far.

Comments

  1. When I saw a movie called Klaus was being released, I hoped it was based on the comic. But alas, it was not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. I saw that movie, and it was just okay. The comic is much more fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian