First Theme: Historical Girls

I like to read. I like to talk about books.

I read so much that if I don't write down what I think about a book, I'll probably forget. Hence, my presence on goodreads.com (see link to right.)

One of the reasons I want to try talking about books in a blog setting, is that I like to talk about books in the context of other books. I like to read big chunks of related content, and then switch gears drastically. I usually read whatever's on the sci-fi shelf that catches my eye, but this month I'm playing in a different genre.

So, look for posts over the next few weeks regarding my current literary cycle: Historical Girls.

Planned subjects:
(As I am only human, I have taken breaks during the string of 'girls' books... with two military sci-fi novels, and one scholarly book about vampires.)

I decided to read (in some cases re-read) these books now for a couple reasons.

1) My local library is being remodeled and is closed. Instead, a book bus is coming a couple times a week. The book bus has far fewer books, but quite a bit of "classic" children's literature. These books are in the normal branch, but in a section which, on a normal day, I might not go through. (It feels slightly sketchy to wander the children's section as an adult sans child.)

2) I saw a bunch of coverage online preparing for the release of this book:
Shelf Discovery: The Teen Classics We Never Stopped Reading

So it's time to catch up, and subject my grown-up brain to some 'girls' books. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian