Top Ten Tuesday - Books Recommended by Another Blogger


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and The Bookish

This Week's Prompt:
Top Ten Books I Read Because Of Another Blogger

Happy Book Blogger Appreciation Week, everyone!

1: Champion of the Rose, by Andrea K. Host
This was reviewed positively by The Book Smugglers, and I remembered that when I saw it spotlighted on Kindle Nation Daily.
This is probably the recommendation that had the most effect on my reading, as I have since purchased all of Ms. Host's novels, and read all but the most recent.
More Reviews: The Silence of MedairStray (Touchstone)

2: God's War, by Kameron Hurley
Reviewed at Little Red Reviewer Unfortunately, I didn't like this book nearly as much as she did.

3: Star Trek: Harbinger, by David Mack
Picked this out after kind words over at This Week at the Library


I guess I could also count
4: Dawn by Octavia Butler
because while it wasn't recommended specifically by any feed I was reading, when I picked this up I was inspired by other bloggers who were actively trying to read more books NOT written by white people.



Books I have read already, but haven't posted reviews for yet:

5: Treespeaker by Katie W. Stewart
Reviewed at Sift Book Reviews

6: The Last Man On Earth Club by Paul R. Hardy
Reviewed at Sift Book Reviews

7: The Demolished Man, by Alfred Bester
Reviewed at Dreaming About Other Worlds


On the TBR List:

8: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
After the gushing praise at both Little Red Reviewer and The Hopeful Librarian

9: Will Supervillains Be on the Final?: Liberty Vocational Volume 1 by Naomi Novik 
Found out this book existed at Book Smugglers

All I can come up with for now... Do you have any favorite recommendations?

Comments

  1. That's great that you remembered where your recommendations came from. Book bloggers are a great resource, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian