Follow Friday July 7

This is Follow Friday, hosted by Parajunkee's View

Today's Question is:


Q. Let's step away from besties...What is the worst book that you've ever read and actually finished?

Ever? Ever is a tall order. Some books I've absolutely hated in recent years include The Fat Man: A Tale of North Pole Noir and The Seven-Percent Solution, Twilight and Little Women.

I have problems with all of these books, although the most annoying to me personally might be Little Women. I don't think it quite qualifies as worst book ever, though. The worst book I ever finished I've probably forgotten the name of. I read a lot of terrible novels back in high school, not to mention some of the stuff I had to read for classes.

Comments

  1. Hi, just stopping in via the Blog Hop! New follower here.

    I really like your blog and look forward to reading more.

    Have a great weekend!

    Ems http://ems-reviews-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have to suffer those books that we were forced to read in H.S. I remember quite a few of them. Come visit me over at Livre De Amour-Books of Love. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Little Women the movie but I've actually never read the book. Have a great weekend.

    Danielle
    New Follower
    ramblingsfromthischick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi & Happy Friday!

    I haven't read this one - a good thing ;)

    I am a new follower.

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    I'm a new follower hopping by to say hello. I liked Little Women, I agree about Twilight though.

    Char

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, hon - already a follower, but sharing the Friday love anyway. I sometimes think the entire point of horrible highschool reads is to teach us to appreciate the good stuff. LOL

    Sally @ Bibrary Bookslut

    ReplyDelete
  7. Already following. I love that Twilight is on your list! I liked it at first, but the more I thought about it the more I started to not like it. My Friday Follow is up at Coffee Table Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower! lol I'm right there with you on Twilight. I was disappointed with Little Women, but I don't think it's the worst I've ever read.

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!

    I also disliked Little Women a great deal. I've never read the rest since I've either never heard of them or I don't care to read about sparkly teenage vampire angst.

    Kristy
    New Follower.
    http://rantsofaucg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your comments everyone! Hope you have a great weekend, free of bad books!

    You can click on the links in the post for my full rants on all the books, but FYI for anyone who was wondering: Little Women pisses me off on a personal level largely because I don't believe in pushing religion on children. I also dislike Narnia, but at least there is some interesting fantasy there. I also didn't read LW as a child, and I understand from friends of mine that many of them consider it a book that you have to read first as a child in order to like it as an adult. I get that, but I still think it was poorly written and obnoxious.

    Rant done. Happy Friday, all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping through. I didn't like Little Women much as a kid but liked it more as an adult. I still hate the ending.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian