Book Blogger Hop Nov 26

Book Blogger Hop
This is the Book Blogger Hop, hosted at crazy-for-books.com

This week's question for discussion:

"What is your favorite book cover?"

I have to say, I am a sucker for covers with pictures of the characters, rather than abstract images.  When I was young, I took all my favorite ones to the color copy place, got them copied and enlarged, and decorated my bedroom with book covers.  Mostly of Dragonlance Books.  A few Redwall and Mercedes Lackey here and there too.  One of the best of those was The History of Dragonlance, which features this painting on the cover:


On the other hand, our hardcover of Lord of the Rings is lovely. It's this edition:

The dust jackets have beautiful Alan Lee paintings, while the cover itself is a lovely dark fabric with the Eye of Sauron inlaid in foil.

Of course, I'm also proud of the book covers that I worked on, although neither depict characters:




See Facsimile and For Love of Children on Amazon. 

(Hint, hint...)

Comments

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Case for American Vampire

All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries, Book 1)

The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian