Mrs. Martin's Incomparable Adventure

Mrs. Martin's Incomparable Adventure

Courtney Milan, 2019

Premise: Violetta is just trying to make ends meet, but wealthy widow Bertrice Martin sees in her an opportunity to teach her Terrible Nephew that he won't inherit her money without a fight. Neither of them expect to find someone to love.

I almost decided not to review this novella at all after reading KJ Charles's brilliant description on Goodreads.
A thoroughly enjoyable light-hearted frothy romance which is also a howl of pure screaming rage. We don't get enough of those.

That says almost everything, but I will add a few things for my own records.

I loved this. I loved the description of the beauty of the older characters. I loved Bertrice's confidence and the vulnerability under it. I loved Violetta's ethical struggles and her practicality.

Maybe some of the commentary is somewhat on-the-nose but that doesn't make it less powerful. The tension is more than plausible and the end supremely satisfying.

All that and a sweet romance from a master of the style. What's not to love?

5 Stars - An Awesome Book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)