Book Blogger Hop March 4

Book Blogger Hop  

The Book Blogger Hop is hosted at crazy-for-books.com

This week's question is:
"Who's your all-time favorite book villain?"

Hmmm... there's a couple ways you can go here, and there's no way I'm choosing just one.

Some posts I've seen are going with villains that are purely villainous, who are truly evil. For that, I'll have to go with Randall Flagg (from various works of Stephen King, notably The Stand, and The Dark Tower series. He's evil, he might be demonic: a practically immortal force of chaos. From Wikipedia:
To King, Flagg is “somebody who’s very charismatic, laughs a lot, [is] tremendously attractive to men and women both, and [is] somebody who just appeals to the worst in all of us.”
The second route is the one I often prefer: you can enjoy villains for being well-rounded, for having motivations you understand, even if you don't agree with their actions. These villains sometimes edge over into being villainous protagonists. Today I'm going to pick The Lady from Chronicles of the Black Company. Evil? Check. Incredibly powerful and dangerous? Check. Still occasionally has human feelings and sympathies? Check.

Have a nice weekend, all!

Comments

  1. He is a great pick! I never would of thought about him. He totally gave me the creeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just hopping by, your newest follower :) The only Stephen King novels I have read are The Shining and Pet Cemetery but I'm not so sure I could handle much more. I might not be able to sleep very well, lol.

    Hop on over to my blog to see who my all-time fav villain is!


    My Blogger Hop Post

    Mandy @ Embrace Your Oddities

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower hopping by.

    I totally agree about Randall Flagg being awesome and I'll have to add Chronicles of the Black Company to my TBR pile at some point.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite book villain is, hands down, is the Napoleon of crime -
    Professor James Moriarty.

    It took me less than ten seconds to come up with my answer. But you'll
    never guess why.

    Hop on over to my blog and find out -- http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Have a nice weekend!

    @Mandy: Stephen King isn't for everyone, but I just love The Stand, especially the beginning.

    @CSI Librarian: I reviewed Chronicles of The Black Company a few weeks back: Here I really liked it, it was recommended to me when I asked my friends for a 'military fantasy' series to read. The villains in it (which could count most of the characters) were great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, I just followed you for FF/Blog Hop and I'd really appreciate it if you stopped by my blog to follow me as well!

    http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com/

    I'm a new blogger (less than two weeks) so I'd really appreciate any other new followers as well! Thanks. (^_^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dropping by from the blog hop. I really enjoyed your take on the question of the week. You made some great picks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

FYI: Most comments are moderated, and will not appear immediately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Silence of the Elves (crosspost)

If the Fates Allow (crosspost)

The Santa Claus Man (crosspost)